Door Access Control
Utility Communications is proud to offer a full-line of S2 Security’s enterprise-class, feature-rich access control systems that integrate credential-based access control. Enterprise-class, feature-rich S2 access control systems integrate credential-based access control, intrusion detection and video security applications for a unified management and administration experience. 100% web based, these IP networked systems require no software installation or client license fees. Flexible system architecture allows for a range of applications from single sites to globally distributed physical security management systems. S2 building access control systems also integrate with legacy access control systems, allowing for easy upgrades.
Our flagship access control product, S2 NetBox, was an industry first with its solid-state design, browser-delivered system management, intuitive user interface and ability to integrate with other best-of-breed manufacturers. The entire S2 access control product line continually benefits from our commitment to innovation, with over 20 software versions released since 2004.
S2 IP access control system architecture maintains a complete database on an S2 Network Controller and distributes the data to S2 Network Nodes (portals) supporting one or two readers, assuring that the access control capabilities function during network outages.
S2 Access Control System Benefits
- Seamless Integration: Integrates credential-based access control, intrusion detection and video security applications
- Web Interface: Delivers browser-based, unified management and administration
- Expandable System: Allows for simple addition of S2 Network Nodes or portals supporting one or two card readers, S2 NetVR video management capabilities, and S2 Global for larger, distributed installations
- Customizable Monitoring Displays: Provides customization of real-time security event monitoring displays
- Automated System Management: Automatically handles software updates and system backup
- Events and Reporting: Displays access control events and stores them for customized reporting
- Data Management: Automatically backs up and maintains SQL-compliant database of credential holders
- Temperature Monitoring: Initiates events when analog temperature monitoring points exceed preset high or low values
- Identity Management: Provides identity management solution for ID photo capture and badge generation
- Legacy System Upgrade: Works with existing Mercury, Casi-Rusco and Honeywell hardware